Typical mixed messages on petrol in USA

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
      Hi,

      I only have the whole story on the last one...

      ---

      U.S. buyers may shun SUVs due to gas prices, survey finds

      <b>DETROIT (Reuters) --</b> More than a third of U.S. consumers are
      considering swapping their SUVs and big cars for more fuel-efficient
      vehicles because of high gasoline prices, according to a survey released
      on Wednesday.

      AND

      DALE JEWETT COMMENTARY 5/23/2006 Automotive News
      Here's an idle thought while you're stuck in line

      Americans spend a lot of time waiting -- at restaurants, at the driver's
      license bureau and in our vehicles. All of this waiting can be pretty dull
      and, with the growing cost of fuel, somewhat expensive. The next time
      you're stuck waiting in your car, just shut off the engine.

      BUT

      GM to top up drivers' fuel bills

      GM's previous attempts to lure customers have hurt their profits

      Problem-hit carmaker General Motors has offered to subsidise petrol prices
      for drivers of its vehicles in California and Florida in order to boost
      sales.

      Full story:

      Todd Edelman
      International Coordinator