Re: [carfree_cities] Re: [NewMobilityCafe] Bicycles as environmental goods

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2006
      Rory wrote:
      > I support reducing the cost of bicycles to the general public, and believe
      > if quality commuter bicycles and accessories can be purchased at lower
      > cost then the numbers purchased will grow, as the financial barrier to
      > cycling is reduced.

      OK, but, well, to make a "citizen's arrest" here, I don't think is this
      list is the right place for a discussion just about bikes. I want to hear
      if changes in duties and tariffs improves (or doesnt) the chances for
      carfree cities in general, and the other repurcussions of the changes in
      duties, etc and as some have said these could counteract any climate
      benefits of carfree cities due to increased transport.

      - T

      Todd Edelman
      International Coordinator
      On the Train Towards the Future!