seeking anecdotes

  • Debra Efroymson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      I'm currently revising two advocacy manuals, one on
      research for advocacy (very targeted research aimed at
      achieving policy change) and one on low-cost media
      work. My plan is to combine them and rewrite to
      include many examples from the car-free movement, for
      distribution to NGOs around the world.

      Please send me (off-list) examples of:
      - successful media strategies (ways of getting the
      media to cover our issues), for instance, the
      grandmothers' anti-war rally that Joel told us
      about...
      - examples of research for advocacy, e.g. calculations
      of the actual costs of driving, or how many people
      would benefit by converting parking lots to other
      uses, etc.

      Thanks! This is part of my not-so-subliminal effort
      to recruit tobacco control advocates (experienced now
      in such matters as negotiating international treaties)
      to work on carfree issues, and your help will be
      greatly appreciated...and of course you'll get your
      name in print. :-)

      Debra Efroymson
      anima1205@... or pathCan@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com