Cars and the Internet both can promote social-distancing (was "Jaywalking....")

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14, 2006
      Hi,

      It is clear that automobilisation promotes social-distancing and prevents
      different types of people from learning about each other.

      If people (accidentally) read the Easter White House story they would have
      seen that when lesbian parents and straight parents were in line together
      they were able to talk.

      So, lets please not use the distancing which can also be enabled by the
      Internet to prevent us from focusing on "carfree" or treating everyone
      with respect.

      So, again, I am sorry I posted the wrong url for the "Jaywalking" story -
      and I urge everyone to stay on this list and continue to participate in
      the carfree discussion.

      Thanks,

      Todd Edelman
      International Coordinator
      On the Train Towards the Future!

      Green Idea Factory
      Laubova 5
      CZ-13000 Praha 3

      ++420 605 915 970

      edelman@...
      http://www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain

      Green Idea Factory,
      a member of World Carfree Network
    • Andrew Dawson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2006
        Todd Edelman wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >It is clear that automobilisation promotes social-distancing and prevents
        >different types of people from learning about each other.
        >
        >If people (accidentally) read the Easter White House story they would have
        >seen that when lesbian parents and straight parents were in line together
        >they were able to talk.
        >
        >So, lets please not use the distancing which can also be enabled by the
        >Internet to prevent us from focusing on "carfree" or treating everyone
        >with respect.
        >
        >So, again, I am sorry I posted the wrong url for the "Jaywalking" story -
        >and I urge everyone to stay on this list and continue to participate in
        >the carfree discussion.

        That's a good oxy-moron "lesbian parents". I'm just tired homosexuals
        forcing their lifestyle on to other people. Hey, just because you want to
        get done up the ass, doesn't mean other people want to get done up the ass.
        Live and let live.

        Later, Andrew
      • Jym Dyer
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 14, 2006
          > I'm just tired [sic] homosexuals forcing their lifestyle
          > on to other people.

          =v= I'm just tired of homophobes so curiously obsessed about the
          topic that its mere mention makes them spend a day spewing their
          bigoted, ignorant, and entirely off-topic remarks onto this list.

          =v= Enough already. Get over it.
          <_Jym_>
        • Andrew Dawson
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 14, 2006
            Jym Dyer wrote:
            > > I'm just tired [sic] homosexuals forcing their lifestyle
            > > on to other people.
            >
            >=v= I'm just tired [sic] of homophobes so curiously obsessed about the
            >topic that its mere mention makes them spend a day spewing their
            >bigoted, ignorant,

            Hey, I'm just as fed up with homophiles spewing their bigoted and ignorant
            stuff too.

            >and entirely off-topic remarks onto this list.

            Like wise.

            Later, Andrew
          • Bling Williams
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 15, 2006
              http://www.reclaimthebuses.org/

              If anyone is in Bristol come along.
              I'm going cos not only are the buses over-priced, they are not accessible to wheelchair users. From April 1st we have all been given free bus passes (yaaay) but can't get on the buses (boooooo) and the taxi token scheme that was the alternative has been abolished (booooo).
              Its all very well wheeling up to the bus stop with your new shiny bus pass but then you get to gaze forlornly at the 2 steps.
              Why should we be forced to use cars?

              Shyrley

              http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

              www.celyn.org