RE: [carfree_cities] Jaywalking ticket brings fame

  • Bling Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
      I assume you by 'prblems' you mean the anti-gay sentiment and homophobia they have to deal with?
      How is that poisoning the minds of others when they tell people about it?

      Andrew Dawson <m82a1_dawson@...> wrote:

      >http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/14/MNG0FI96PP1.DTL

      It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them selves. Instead
      they go around poisoning the minds of others, which is really not fair.

      P.S. Happy Passover!

      Later, Andrew

      http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

      www.celyn.org

    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
        > It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them
        > selves. Instead they go around poisoning the minds of others,
        > which is really not fair.

        =v= If "others" don't want their minds "poisoned" they could
        just spend their lives behind glass (car windows and teevee
        tubes) and not have to interact with real live unmediated human
        beings.

        =v= Oh, wait, that's precisely what makes so many Americans so
        very weak, malleable, stupid, and -phobic.
        <_Jym_>
      • Todd Edelman
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
          Dear carfree people of all beliefs and opinions in regards to sexual
          preferences and proper families,

          I posted the wrong url for the jaywalking story!

          This is the correct one:
          http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/04/14/national/a071637D26.DTL&type=printable

          Of course my comment regarding "...a long way to go..." still applies.

          My sincere apologies.

          Have a happy Carfree Easter and Passover (and I think there are actually
          many other religous holidays going on all over the world...)

          - T

          Todd Edelman
          International Coordinator
          On the Train Towards the Future!

          Green Idea Factory
          Laubova 5
          CZ-13000 Praha 3

          ++420 605 915 970

          edelman@...
          http://www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain

          Green Idea Factory,
          a member of World Carfree Network
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
            On Apr 14, 2006, at 10:12 AM, Andrew Dawson wrote:

            > It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them selves.
            > Instead
            > they go around poisoning the minds of others, which is really not
            > fair.
            I'm sure queers would love to keep their problems to themselves, if
            it weren't that all variety of straight zealots are causing those
            problems. Strange how the champions of "individual liberty" really
            mean only the liberty to be subservient to them in work, religion,
            and private life.

            As Jim pointed out, as long as people live sequestered from each
            other--and this includes in suburbs and in little tin cells on the
            freeway--the sort of two-bit fascism that afflicts large portions of
            the population will continue to poison the minds of all.

            By the way, let's hear it for traditional marriage--King David style:
            eight wives, a number of concubines. Jesus was one of his great-
            great-etc-grandkids.

            Rick
            http://www.rickrise.com
            http://www.newcolonist.com
            http://www.living-room.org
          • Andrew Dawson
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
              Jym Dyer wrote:
              > > It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them
              > > selves. Instead they go around poisoning the minds of others,
              > > which is really not fair.
              >
              >=v= If "others" don't want their minds "poisoned" they could
              >just spend their lives behind glass (car windows and teevee
              >tubes) and not have to interact with real live unmediated human
              >beings.

              That beats around the Bush.

              >=v= Oh, wait, that's precisely what makes so many Americans so
              >very weak, malleable, stupid, and -phobic.

              There's to much homo-genization here in the west, it's another one of down
              points like with cars.

              Later, Andrew
            • Andrew Dawson
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
                Richard Risemberg wrote:
                >I'm sure queers would love to keep their problems to themselves, if
                >it weren't that all variety of straight zealots are causing those
                >problems.

                So instead today we have homosexual zealots?

                Strange how the champions of "individual liberty" really
                >mean only the liberty to be subservient to them in work, religion,
                >and private life.
                >
                >As Jim pointed out, as long as people live sequestered from each
                >other--and this includes in suburbs and in little tin cells on the
                >freeway--the sort of two-bit fascism that afflicts large portions of
                >the population will continue to poison the minds of all.

                Good point, fascism was started by homosexuals.

                >By the way, let's hear it for traditional marriage--King David style:
                >eight wives, a number of concubines. Jesus was one of his great-
                >great-etc-grandkids.

                As with some Mormons and Muslims today.

                Later, Andrew
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
                  >It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them selves. Instead
                  >they go around poisoning the minds of others, which is really not fair.

                  Dawson is gone