Jaywalking ticket brings fame

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
      Hi,

      It is nice this is getting lots of attention BUT it still shows how - in
      many places - we still have a very long way to go:

      http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/14/MNG0FI96PP1.DTL

      - T

      Happy Easter! And remember, folks: Easter bunnies and coloured eggs dont
      belong in the street!

      Todd Edelman
      International Coordinator
      On the Train Towards the Future!

      Green Idea Factory
      Laubova 5
      CZ-13000 Praha 3

      ++420 605 915 970

      edelman@...
      http://www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain

      Green Idea Factory,
      a member of World Carfree Network
    • Andrew Dawson
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
        Todd Edelman wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >It is nice this is getting lots of attention BUT it still shows how - in
        >many places - we still have a very long way to go:
        >
        >http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/14/MNG0FI96PP1.DTL

        It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them selves. Instead
        they go around poisoning the minds of others, which is really not fair.

        >Happy Easter! And remember, folks: Easter bunnies and coloured eggs don't
        >belong in the street!

        P.S. Happy Passover!

        Later, Andrew
      • Bling Williams
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
          I assume you by 'prblems' you mean the anti-gay sentiment and homophobia they have to deal with?
          How is that poisoning the minds of others when they tell people about it?

          Andrew Dawson <m82a1_dawson@...> wrote:

          >http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/14/MNG0FI96PP1.DTL

          It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them selves. Instead
          they go around poisoning the minds of others, which is really not fair.

          P.S. Happy Passover!

          Later, Andrew

          http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

          www.celyn.org

        • Jym Dyer
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
            > It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them
            > selves. Instead they go around poisoning the minds of others,
            > which is really not fair.

            =v= If "others" don't want their minds "poisoned" they could
            just spend their lives behind glass (car windows and teevee
            tubes) and not have to interact with real live unmediated human
            beings.

            =v= Oh, wait, that's precisely what makes so many Americans so
            very weak, malleable, stupid, and -phobic.
            <_Jym_>
          • Todd Edelman
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
              Dear carfree people of all beliefs and opinions in regards to sexual
              preferences and proper families,

              I posted the wrong url for the jaywalking story!

              This is the correct one:
              http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/04/14/national/a071637D26.DTL&type=printable

              Of course my comment regarding "...a long way to go..." still applies.

              My sincere apologies.

              Have a happy Carfree Easter and Passover (and I think there are actually
              many other religous holidays going on all over the world...)

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
                On Apr 14, 2006, at 10:12 AM, Andrew Dawson wrote:

                > It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them selves.
                > Instead
                > they go around poisoning the minds of others, which is really not
                > fair.
                I'm sure queers would love to keep their problems to themselves, if
                it weren't that all variety of straight zealots are causing those
                problems. Strange how the champions of "individual liberty" really
                mean only the liberty to be subservient to them in work, religion,
                and private life.

                As Jim pointed out, as long as people live sequestered from each
                other--and this includes in suburbs and in little tin cells on the
                freeway--the sort of two-bit fascism that afflicts large portions of
                the population will continue to poison the minds of all.

                By the way, let's hear it for traditional marriage--King David style:
                eight wives, a number of concubines. Jesus was one of his great-
                great-etc-grandkids.

                Rick
                http://www.rickrise.com
                http://www.newcolonist.com
                http://www.living-room.org
              • Andrew Dawson
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
                  Jym Dyer wrote:
                  > > It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them
                  > > selves. Instead they go around poisoning the minds of others,
                  > > which is really not fair.
                  >
                  >=v= If "others" don't want their minds "poisoned" they could
                  >just spend their lives behind glass (car windows and teevee
                  >tubes) and not have to interact with real live unmediated human
                  >beings.

                  That beats around the Bush.

                  >=v= Oh, wait, that's precisely what makes so many Americans so
                  >very weak, malleable, stupid, and -phobic.

                  There's to much homo-genization here in the west, it's another one of down
                  points like with cars.

                  Later, Andrew
                • Andrew Dawson
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 14, 2006
                    Richard Risemberg wrote:
                    >I'm sure queers would love to keep their problems to themselves, if
                    >it weren't that all variety of straight zealots are causing those
                    >problems.

                    So instead today we have homosexual zealots?

                    Strange how the champions of "individual liberty" really
                    >mean only the liberty to be subservient to them in work, religion,
                    >and private life.
                    >
                    >As Jim pointed out, as long as people live sequestered from each
                    >other--and this includes in suburbs and in little tin cells on the
                    >freeway--the sort of two-bit fascism that afflicts large portions of
                    >the population will continue to poison the minds of all.

                    Good point, fascism was started by homosexuals.

                    >By the way, let's hear it for traditional marriage--King David style:
                    >eight wives, a number of concubines. Jesus was one of his great-
                    >great-etc-grandkids.

                    As with some Mormons and Muslims today.

                    Later, Andrew
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
                      >It's too bad homosexuals can't keep their problems to them selves. Instead
                      >they go around poisoning the minds of others, which is really not fair.

                      Dawson is gone