The EU's baby blues [...and cars]
- The EU's baby blues [...and cars]
EU states are trying to understand why the birth rate is falling - and if
anything can be done to stem the decline. All this week, the BBC News
website is asking women in various countries how they feel about being
asked to have more babies, and how easy or difficult it is to combine
motherhood and work.
Preface: It seems like there is a problem, but of course women should not
be controlled in any way. But...can carfree communities address this?
* If people live in dense carfree communities and cities, will that
encourage families to have more children, since both parents will be able
to present more (due to proximity of workplaces)?
* Related to that, if the village is re-created to raise a child (if
neighbours etc become active supplemental participants in raising kids),
will people have kids or more kids?
* Will instinct of taking care of and teaching children be more easily
satisfied in that "village" as single, childless neighbours become
childraising participants? (This of course doesnt solve "problem"
* Do men and women avoid creating children because of the danger of being
killed, harmed or otherwise negatively affected by cars and car-cities?
(Pollution, collisions, schlepping kids around, schlepping food around by
car, expense of car limiting available funds, etc)
On the Train Towards the Future!
Green Idea Factory
CZ-13000 Praha 3
++420 605 915 970
Green Idea Factory,
a member of World Carfree Network