Re: [carfree_cities] Bike delivery

  • Doug Salzmann
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 20, 2006
      The critical point I'd like us all to remember is that carfree development
      is *not* dependent upon new technological solutions.

      Certainly, certain new technologies may enhance the possibilities and,
      very certainly, intelligent and creative application of existing
      technology (e.g. Joel's transit modeling for the reference design) will be
      essential. However, we already have all the elements we need to do this
      successfully, productively, efficiently and humanely.

      If 12,000-15,000 of us were to show up (or agree to) in the right city
      with our creativity, our businesses, our savings, our skills, and a
      commitment to make a carfree district work, we could start building one
      next year.

      Are there enough of us in the world? Could we ever agree on a pilot
      location?

      -Doug