RE: [carfree_cities] News

  • Ronald Dawson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
      Louis-Luc Le Guerrier wrote:
      >The Champlain bridge, the most car-crowded bridge in Canada, is getting a
      >companion. The AMT (Metropolitan Transport Agency) is funding a special
      >middle space between the 2 directions, reserved for more buses, and I heard
      >that space will eventually be used for light rail. That's about time!

      >I'm not totally sure, so Ronald, you may correct me or give more details if
      >needed.

      Oh, for what I've heard is that the possible routing for a Montreal to South
      Shore LRT would be use of the neighbouring Ice Bridge (Estacade du Pont
      Champlain), but things might have changed.
      Right now on the Champlain Bridge there are the time of day bus lanes, could
      these be changing to all day bus lanes? http://www.amt.qc.ca/ Dawson
    • dcxxtbemq
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        Take advantage of better interest rates, refinance now just like I did, it will save you lots of money each month. This free service can help. http://allapprovelender.com take 30 seconds and fill out this free form