The Ultimate... Yellow Wash

  • On the Train Towards the Future!
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006
      Its the email of the week!!!
      a new service from Green Idea Factory dedicated to showcasing the most hypocritical, foolish and downright stupid events in our automobile-obsessed world!

      This week: Ethanol is the focus. As always, a lesson follows!

      Watch out as some environmental groups go for this...

      http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060206/SUB/60203075/1003/newsletter07&refsect=newsletter07

      http://www.livegreengoyellow.com

      Dont forget to play the "Stalk car race" (parody on American "stock car race") and the "Video Cobcast"... (a "cob" is the middle part of an ear of corn...)

      Millions saw that as they watched the American Super Bowl...

      In related news....

      ...from the brand new "Carbusters":

      "The Biofuel Catastrophe

      Brazil - Last May, the Brazilian government reported that Amazon forests were being destroyed at record levels - one fith of the entire Amazon has been razed. In November, Brazlian activist Francisco Anselmo Gomes de Barros set himself on fire in protest against the construction of ethanol factories in ecologically sensitive areas. With peak oil ideas reaching the mainstream and more governments demanding alternative fuels, we will soon face a new series of environmental consequences...."

      Lesson:
      Biofuel: Energy for machines derived from organic matter
      Ethanol, BioDiesel: Biofuel from energy crops such as sugar cane (Brazil), corn (USA) or palm oil (Malaysia, Indonesia)
      Post-consumer BioDiesel: Biofuel from household and commercial waste, typically from used cooking oil
      Post-consumer Biogas: Methane created from anaerobic digestion of organic matter, such as sewage, brewery or agricultural waste (including dead animal parts)
      Pre-consumer Biogas: Methane created from energy crops, also called "Green Gas"
      Post-consumer locally-grown food: Tastes much better than all of the above. You eat it and walk or bike somewhere, or stay home and read, make music, etc

      Altered quote of the week:

      "A fuelish consistency is the cobgoblin of little minds"*

      - T

      *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Reliance

      Todd Edelman
      International Coordinator