January Issue of New Colonist

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      The January issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
      http://www.newcolonist.com!
      This month's features:

      *Mackinac Island
      Brain Dearle visits a Michigan town that has been carfree for over a
      century....

      *On the Hinges of Time
      A New Year musing....

      *The Standardization of Downtown
      Will we destroy downtown in order to save it?...

      *Concierge
      Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather
      forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
      calculator, with more on the way!

      *Vox Civitatis
      Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
      assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
      state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

      And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other
      resources in our comprehensive Archive!--
      Richard Risemberg
      http://www.rickrise.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.living-room.org