Re: [carfree_cities] Problem with Waste Removal

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2005
      And how exactly do you keep the waste streams separated
      to facilitate recycling/reuse?

      >Hello, I am new to this site and just read your post. As well as some
      >others that you have been conversing with. Pneumatic waste
      >transportation is an excellent sustainable form of waste management
      >for now and the future. We are the North American distributor of
      >these system for a company out of Finland. We are currently working
      >developing some systems for the Southern Ontario Market where there is
      >tremendous growth. In a nutshell, we will provide a waste collection
      >to each apartment building, condo, or townhouse. Transportation of
      >the waste will be in 450mm (18inch) pipes below grade to a central
      >pickup location for approximately 30 buildings 25 acres of land. This
      >will eliminate the need for waste bins located at each building,
      >reduce the amount of waste collection trucks, and provide for a
      >cleaner, safer community. Which should be everyone's goal.
      >
      >Regards.
      >
      >--
      >Sent from the Car Free Cities forum at Nabble.com:
      >http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-Waste-Removal-t15721.html#a2010446

      >Post messages to: carfree_cities@...
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      ------ ### -----
    • Puzer (sent by Nabble.com)
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2005
        Hello Christopher.

        Actually, it is exactly what you mentioned. Let me explain.
        The tenant would separate their waste into each different fraction that is deemed by the municipality. Then they would proceed to the Waste Collection unit, press the colour coded button to identify the waste that they are disposing of. The system would then send the fraction to the appropriate compaction container. Our system is a single pipeline that all waste is transported however it is separated via PLC programming and a butterfly valve type of system to redirection the waste accordingly. Our system has software that allows for an excellent tracking device to continually audit the different waste being transported. I could send you pictures if you would like to see how our system works.

        Regards,
        klebreton@...
        --
        Sent from the Car Free Cities forum at Nabble.com:
        http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-Waste-Removal-t15721.html#a2011833