Re: short translation help needed (japanese, chinese, corean, russian, arab)

  • Karen Sandness
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
      The Japanese version has 2 characters missing at the end, and it really
      needs to be recopied by someone with good Japanese handwriting. It
      should look something like this:

      自動車なしで暮らす

      However, that whole translation sounds a bit formal, as if you may have
      gotten it through machine translation. It means "Living without
      automobiles."

      I think a more colloquial version would be 車のない生活 "a life without cars."

      But I would suggest checking the Japanese and the other languages as
      well with native speakers. (Surely you can find native speakers of all
      these languages in Germany, perhaps at the nearest university.) Slogans
      are very tricky to translate, and only a native speaker can tell you
      what kind of emotional and logical impression they make.

      In transit,
      Karen Sandness

      On Nov 10, 2005, at 1:16 PM, carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > short translation help needed (japanese, chinese, corean, russian,
      > arab)

    • mehr
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
        Hi Dear friends
        please find in attachment persian translation of
        carfree life.
        Regards
        Miss Mehri Ahmadi

        www.autofrei-wohnen.de/carfree-living_international.jpg
        > (44 kb)
        > are okay translated, or are there any double
        > meanings or misunderstoods ???
        > If you have better translations, please let me know
        > !
        > Also other languages are welcome !
        >
        > thanks & best wishes from Berlin,
        > Markus Heller
        > *
        > Carfree Life! inc.
        > www.autofrei.de
        > *
        > Carfree Living Berlin Collaborative
        > www.autofrei-wohnen.de/homeEngl.html
        >

        > Post messages to: carfree_cities@...
        > Unsubscribe (blank message):
        > Group address:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        god bless u

      • mehr
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
          Hi Dear friends
          --- markus-heller@... wrote:

          > Hi all,
          > we want to create t-shirts with "carfree living" or
          > "carfree life" in
          > different languages. Is anybody out there to check
          > if those versions here -
          > japanese, chinese, corean, russian, arab -

          www.autofrei-wohnen.de/carfree-living_international.jpg
          > (44 kb)
          > are okay translated, or are there any double
          > meanings or misunderstoods ???
          > If you have better translations, please let me know
          > !
          > Also other languages are welcome !
          >
          > thanks & best wishes from Berlin,
          > Markus Heller