short translation help needed (japanese, chinese, corean, russian, arab)

  • markus-heller@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
      Hi all,
      we want to create t-shirts with "carfree living" or "carfree life" in
      different languages. Is anybody out there to check if those versions here -
      japanese, chinese, corean, russian, arab -
      www.autofrei-wohnen.de/carfree-living_international.jpg (44 kb)
      are okay translated, or are there any double meanings or misunderstoods ???
      If you have better translations, please let me know !
      Also other languages are welcome !

      thanks & best wishes from Berlin,
      Markus Heller
      *
      Carfree Life! inc.
      www.autofrei.de
      *
      Carfree Living Berlin Collaborative
      www.autofrei-wohnen.de/homeEngl.html
    • Karen Sandness
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
        The Japanese version has 2 characters missing at the end, and it really
        needs to be recopied by someone with good Japanese handwriting. It
        should look something like this:

        自動車なしで暮らす

        However, that whole translation sounds a bit formal, as if you may have
        gotten it through machine translation. It means "Living without
        automobiles."

        I think a more colloquial version would be 車のない生活 "a life without cars."

        But I would suggest checking the Japanese and the other languages as
        well with native speakers. (Surely you can find native speakers of all
        these languages in Germany, perhaps at the nearest university.) Slogans
        are very tricky to translate, and only a native speaker can tell you
        what kind of emotional and logical impression they make.

        In transit,
        Karen Sandness

        On Nov 10, 2005, at 1:16 PM, carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > short translation help needed (japanese, chinese, corean, russian,
        > arab)

      • mehr
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
          Hi Dear friends
          please find in attachment persian translation of
          carfree life.
          Regards
          Miss Mehri Ahmadi
          --- markus-heller@... wrote:

          > Hi all,
          > we want to create t-shirts with "carfree living" or
          > "carfree life" in
          > different languages. Is anybody out there to check
          > if those versions here -
          > japanese, chinese, corean, russian, arab -

          www.autofrei-wohnen.de/carfree-living_international.jpg
          > (44 kb)
          > are okay translated, or are there any double
          > meanings or misunderstoods ???
          > If you have better translations, please let me know
          > !
          > Also other languages are welcome !
          >
          > thanks & best wishes from Berlin,
          > Markus Heller
          > *
          > Carfree Life! inc.
          > www.autofrei.de
          > *
          > Carfree Living Berlin Collaborative
          > www.autofrei-wohnen.de/homeEngl.html
          >

          > Post messages to: carfree_cities@...
          > Unsubscribe (blank message):
          > Group address:
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          god bless u

        • mehr
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
            --- markus-heller@... wrote:

            > Hi all,
            > we want to create t-shirts with "carfree living" or
            > "carfree life" in
            > different languages. Is anybody out there to check
            > if those versions here -
            > japanese, chinese, corean, russian, arab -

            www.autofrei-wohnen.de/carfree-living_international.jpg
            > (44 kb)
            > are okay translated, or are there any double
            > meanings or misunderstoods ???
            > If you have better translations, please let me know
            > !
            > Also other languages are welcome !
            >
            > thanks & best wishes from Berlin,
            > Markus Heller