Re: [carfree_cities] Eco-Cities in China

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8 12:59 AM
      --- Lloyd Wright <LFWright@...> wrote:

      > Interesting set of projects in China...

      YES, this was discussed a bit some weeks back:

      <http://www.arup.com/eastasia/project.cfm?pageid=7047>
      describes the Dongtan project, but, again, no mention
      of carfree, a mention of everyones favourite "carbon
      offsetting", which just this moment became a more
      abused environmental term than "green": If a Dongtan
      resident has a car and drives around and around in the
      mainland they will report their distance travelled
      when they get home and have to plant trees etc?

      I dont mean to be a stick in the mud, because it seems
      like most of the other stuff they are planning in
      relation to energy-use is good, but until "noise
      offsetting", "road crash offsetting" and "roadkill
      offsetting" are invented I will remain skeptical.

      Todd, Green (?) Idea Factory