Re: [carfree_cities] telecommuting

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27, 2000
      Chris Barker said:

      >The program continued for the remaing 6 weeks or so with a
      >t.v. screen showing an empty class room on the other end.

      Somehow, this result does not surprise me. I'll bet it was
      pretty lonely on the far end. No real participation. I'm
      not betting much on "virtual presence" for averting the need
      for travel, although that's not to say that I don't think that
      trip reduction is not possible (using co-location--i.e., the
      return of neighborhood stores and services).

      ###

      J.H. Crawford _Carfree Cities_ ISBN 9057270374
      postmaster@... http://www.carfree.com