No hope from Pope

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2005
      I mean the following as a comment on the Pope's
      relationship to "Carfree", and nothing more:

      From the continuing story of "What Would Jesus
      Drive?"...

      BMW hands German Pope keys to an X5

      Reuters / October 06, 2005

      FRANKFURT -- BMW has handed the keys to an X5 SUV to
      Pope Benedict, the world's largest premium carmaker
      said on Thursday.

      "We are proud to be able to provide Pope Benedict XVI
      with a BMW car," the group's chief of marketing and
      sales, Michael Ganal, said in a statement following an
      audience with the pontiff.

      Benedict hails from the small Bavarian town of Marktl
      am Inn, about an hour's drive from Munich, where BMW
      is based.

      <http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/automobiles/x5/x5/download/img/download_x5_05.jpg>

      "Danke, aber kein danke"??

      Will any notable Catholic individuals or groups make a
      comment about this, no matter what -- or perhaps
      because of its symbolism? (Benedict didnt have a
      drivers license when he became Pope, and I dont think
      he has had the time since then...)

      - Todd, in Prague, from where Jan Hus walked to Rome