Public transport Expo in Dallas... NOW.

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hi,

      I feel bad about not mentioning this before, or even
      reacting to it and doing something myself...

      <http://www.ntpshow.com/shows/apta2005/about.php>

      If anyone is near Dallas please go. Today (Tues.) or
      Wed til 3pm.

      It is free. There is a simultaneous meeting which
      costs... but you can probably meet important people at
      the stands.

      Meeting programme includes tours of transit-oriented
      developments in the Dallas area.

      APTA is organizer. Big companies like Bombardier - not
      to mention many bus manufacturers - will be there.

      Will there already be a "buzz" about what PT -
      especially intercity rail - could do for the Southeast
      USA during hurricanes and in between hurricanes? Will
      YOU start that buzz?

      ---

      From what I can tell no politicians in the area are
      talking about increasing public transport - especially
      at the intercity level - so no easy "ride" with our
      ideas.

      ---

      I am still waiting for people to volunteer to help
      with "Carfree NOLA" website...

      Todd,
      Green Idea Factory