Re: city on "green space"

  • Jason Meggs
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2005
      Thanks for that! I called them, and left a detailed message. It would be
      nice to have a well-constructed brief on this with some more
      numbers/addresses to call to send out as an action item. I don't have
      time to research and construct such an action bulletin, but I would
      promote it if someone else creates one.

      FYI, there have been calls here for students and faculty to help with the
      New Orleans reconstructino both in the Department of City and Regional
      Planning at UC Berkeley (a place where one sometimes finds the text,
      "Carfree Cities" on drafting tables..) and from the Chancellor...the
      potential to generate interest in the carfree new-New Orleans idea exists,
      and not just here but world-wide; and the time is now.

      Jason Meggs
      Berkeley, CA

      P.S. I'm CC'ing the WCN as I believe this would be good WCN campaign as
      well.