what's a few hundred million refugees?

  • Debra Efroymson
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
      Oh well! The Maldives, part of Bangladesh, and other
      coastal countries go underwater...too bad for
      them...as long as Siberians get a warmer winter!
      Increase in forest fires, floods, hurricanes,
      droughts, and extinction of various species don't
      sound too pleasant for anyone. But hey, if avoiding
      it means giving up our cars, I guess we'd better just
      accept global destruction, eh?
      Debra Efroymson
      Dhaka, Bangladesh

      --- "Fred M. Cain" <fredmcain@...>

      the

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hi All,

        Debra responded to Fred M. Cain as follows:

        >Oh well! The Maldives, part of Bangladesh, and other
        >coastal countries go underwater...too bad for
        >them...as long as Siberians get a warmer winter!
        >Increase in forest fires, floods, hurricanes,
        >droughts, and extinction of various species don't
        >sound too pleasant for anyone. But hey, if avoiding
        >it means giving up our cars, I guess we'd better just
        >accept global destruction, eh?

        >--- "Fred M. Cain" <fredmcain@...>
        >wrote:
        >
        >> the
        >> complete overlooking
        >> of the fact that it would benefit some areas even if
        >> it were
        >> deleterious to other areas.

        Look, folks, Fred M. Cain is "trolling." Like his pal
        Tom Frost, who's been banned from this list (and who,
        for all I know, may BE Tom Frost, if that's HIS real name),
        he tries to get us to waste time arguing with him.

        Just forget about this stuff. If I see another post
        from Fred M. Cain in the same vein as his recent "work,"
        I'll just ban him, too. But there will be more like him.

        These people have nothing better to do with their time.
        Learn to recognize them and ignore them. (There's
        nothing they hate worse than simply being ignored.)

        Regards,