Re: [carfree_cities] Running on Fumes: A Journey to the End of Empire

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2005
      Phil Rockstroh describes himself as "a self-confessed gasbag monologist ...
      a poet and a musician who lives in the East Village section of New York
      City. For many years he was the de facto ghost writer for the endlessly
      touring, perpetually self-promoting, performance "poet"/musician, Chris
      Chandler, with whom Phil shares writing blame for Protection from All this
      Safety, a book of poetry and satire (Portals Press, 1997, ISBN: 0916620301).

      And the illustrations are by Angela Tyler-Rockstroh ... a Broadcast
      Designer/Animator working with major Networks such as Cartoon Network,
      Disney Channel, HBO Family, PBS, etc. She also creates satirical graphics
      for Phil Rockstroh

      See also

      http://www.swans.com/library/art10/procks28.html

      America now grows -- paranoia -- It is our national plant.

      http://www.swans.com/library/art10/2004pics/angela02.jpg

      Simon - with thanks Karen for pointing me to these two heart warming
      examples of why I will never fall out of love with America.