do you have good pictures of car-free streets?

  • kattist
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2005
      Hi! My name is Katti Sta. Ana. I'm a bicycle advocate, a member of the Firefly
      Brigade, and a former bicycle officer of the City of Marikina. Right now, I'm an
      urban planning student and art teacher in Baguio, a mountain city in the
      Philippines. I am trying to change people's opinions on a proposal to
      pedestrianize Session Road—the main artery of Baguio City's downtown
      area. Many people are opposed to it but I think it is because of a lack of
      knowledge about the benefits of pedestrianization.

      I am hoping that you could help me by sending me good pictures of
      - pedestrianized streets, and
      - streets that you think need to be pedestrianized (polluted, chaotic, and
      teaming with cars, or scary, blighted, needing to be revitalized are good
      ideas).

      The pictures can be from any part of the world but if you also have pictures
      from Asian, African, or South American cities, that would be great. I will show
      them to stakeholders in the proposed Session Road pedestrianization project.
      Hopefully, the visual images will help them rethink their position and open up
      to the idea of pedestrianization.

      If the pictures' resolution would come out well if printed in the standard 3 in. X
      5 in. size, that would be the greatest. Thanks so much! You may email them to
      me at fuschia.insect@.... If you email me pictures, and we are able to
      convince people in this part of the world to try out a car-free Session Road,
      that would be a great achievement for all of us! I promise to let you know
      whatever comes out of this project.

      Sincerely,
      Katti :-)