For cyclists: Oy Bike/Transport for London Journey Planner

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2005
      Hi,

      This system is now operating as a pilot in Karlin, a
      flat area of Prague! (actually the area that was
      flooded to a height of 2m+ in 2002):

      <http://www.homeport.cz/pres2.htm>

      Another example is in London:

      <http://www.oybike.com/OYBIKE/obhome.nsf/example.html>

      The Oybike has same Oy as Oyster Card (London-focused
      SmartCar) but there seems to be no Oyfficial
      connection... anyway... anyone on this have personal
      experiences with this?

      ... related to that, here is the main Transport for
      London Journey Planner, with "Advanced search"... it
      SEEMS to do a good job for cyclists and especially
      cyclist + rail/public transport BUT I cant tell as I
      am not in London... so...personal experiences?

      <http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&ptOptionsActive=1>

      Todd
      www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain