Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Elevators

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 86 , Jul 3 6:49 PM
      Joel yelled:

      > THE CARFREE CITY IS NOT JUST FOR
      > AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
      >
      > There, now I feel better.

      TODD: It is my impression that many people are talking
      about ADA as an example of best practice which
      should/must/could be implemented internationally... So
      the standard we are discussing is more about
      "ADA-like", rather than ADA.

      By the way: www.ada.gov

      Message 86 of 86 , Jul 14 5:32 AM
        Winding up the elevator discussion, Will Stewart said:

        >I assume you are talking about flats as the context for the following,
        > where an elevator would service 3 floors above the ground floor, and
        >perhaps 4 units per floor at each elevator stop.

        Well, no, TWO flats per floor, so they have through ventilation
        and some light from both ends.

        >Plus, the human factor of modest scale and a courtyard are also very
        >important factors.

        oh, yes

        Regards,