Re: [carfree_cities] Elevators

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 86 , Jul 3, 2005

      > Ditto elevators--I tend to use them if they're
      > there.
      > If they're not there, then I never use them. ;-)

      Hi everyone,

      Please speak up if you dont mind being forced to move
      house if for whatever reason you have to use a
      wheelchair temporarily or permanently.

      Also, please speak up if you dont mind that the train
      you are on has wheelchair access and goes 160 or 200
      or more km/h and therefore cant have windows which
      open.

      In carfree cities we will get so much exercise that
      having to use stairs to get fit will be completely out
      of our conception. We will able to burn all the
      intra-company memos which say "please be heart smart
      and do your part and take the stairs" in a
      cogeneration plant with which we will be able to power
      all the lifts everywhere for one million years.

      Todd

      Message 86 of 86 , Jul 14, 2005
        Winding up the elevator discussion, Will Stewart said:

        >I assume you are talking about flats as the context for the following,
        > where an elevator would service 3 floors above the ground floor, and
        >perhaps 4 units per floor at each elevator stop.

        Well, no, TWO flats per floor, so they have through ventilation
        and some light from both ends.

        >Plus, the human factor of modest scale and a courtyard are also very
        >important factors.

        oh, yes

        Regards,