Re: [carfree_cities] Elevators

  • Debra Efroymson
    Message 1 of 86 , Jul 3 4:36 AM
      Cars, elevators--same story, isn't it? We are killing
      ourselves (lack of exercise) and our environment by
      mechanizing everything, when what we--and our
      environment--need is for us to expend more personal
      energy and less carbon-based energy.
      Anima (from elevator-lite Dhaka)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 86 of 86 , Jul 14 5:32 AM
        Winding up the elevator discussion, Will Stewart said:

        >I assume you are talking about flats as the context for the following,
        > where an elevator would service 3 floors above the ground floor, and
        >perhaps 4 units per floor at each elevator stop.

        Well, no, TWO flats per floor, so they have through ventilation
        and some light from both ends.

        >Plus, the human factor of modest scale and a courtyard are also very
        >important factors.

        oh, yes

        Regards,