Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Elevators

    Message 1 of 86 , Jul 1, 2005
      >(2) A pushbutton emergency speakerphone and a 24-hour monitoring service.

      I was in an elevator in New York's Port Authority bus terminal
      two days ago. The emergency phone has been removed and replaced
      with a notice to call 123-456-7890 or whatever on your cell
      phone. What cell phone? Sheeesssshhhhhh.

      ------ ### -----
      Message 86 of 86 , Jul 14, 2005
        Winding up the elevator discussion, Will Stewart said:

        >I assume you are talking about flats as the context for the following,
        > where an elevator would service 3 floors above the ground floor, and
        >perhaps 4 units per floor at each elevator stop.

        Well, no, TWO flats per floor, so they have through ventilation
        and some light from both ends.

        >Plus, the human factor of modest scale and a courtyard are also very
        >important factors.

        oh, yes

        Regards,