Re: Tokyo concept

  • Karen Sandness
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2005
      Sure, there are problems with transport in Japan, but to one currently
      living in Minneapolis, where the governor has just vetoed legislation
      that would have prevented fare hikes and service cuts to transit in the
      Twin Cities, not that the transit system was anything to brag about in
      the first place.

      I easily lived carfree in Tokyo, somewhat less so in Portland, Oregon.
      I find it impossible to be any more than "car lite" in Minneapolis.

      By the way, I always found transfers in Tokyo and Yokohama easy, thanks
      to the SF Metro card, the debit card facilitates transfers among the
      various private subway and surface train lines and is usable as far
      afield as the Tobu Line to Nikko or the Seibu line to Chichibu.

      In transit,
      Karen Sandness