Berlusconi was carfree developer?

  • erik_rauch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      I pass along this odd piece of information I ran across:

      http://www.myrome.co.uk/rome/community.htm

      "Silvio Berlusconi started his professional life as a building contractor. In 1962 he founded
      "Cantieri Riuniti Milanesi" and in 1964 he began the construction of the residential area of
      Brugherio, which can be considered as innovative for that time as it proposed the idea of 'a
      city without cars'".
    • Doug Salzmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Gee, thanks, Erik. You've utterly shredded my worldview ;^)

        OTOH, if the Italians and the courts ever finally get it together to throw
        the bum out, we can assign him useful work.

        Now, to track down Brugherio...

        -Doug

        On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, erik_rauch wrote:

        > I pass along this odd piece of information I ran across:
        >
        > http://www.myrome.co.uk/rome/community.htm
        >
        > "Silvio Berlusconi started his professional life as a building contractor. In 1962 he founded
        > "Cantieri Riuniti Milanesi" and in 1964 he began the construction of the residential area of
        > Brugherio, which can be considered as innovative for that time as it proposed the idea of 'a
        > city without cars'".

        Doug Salzmann
        P.O. Box 1007
        Larkspur, CA 94977