Re: [carfree_cities] teenage car culture (was: selfish Americans)

  • Andrew Hitchcock
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3 7:24 PM
      Well, I don't remember the egg/brain commercial when it ran (it may have
      been before my time), but I have heard it made fun of a lot and it is
      pretty famous.

      As a non-smoker I find the Truth ads kind of obnoxious, but some of them
      are pretty clever (putting a number of 'dead bodies' outside a tobacco
      company that is equal to the number killed daily by tobacco). I think
      something like that but for cars would be neat. If we could find some
      damning car statistics and make commercials based on those, that would get
      our point across well. Maybe have one where a car is racing a bicycle to a
      destination, and bicycle wins (doesn't haven't to find parking and such,
      can slip through traffic easily).

      Andrew

    • Todd Edelman
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 8:56 PM
        Hi,

        If people who know everything about adverts, all that
        it takes... from strategizing and conception to
        getting stuff placed, and you can help in a concrete
        way, please contact me OFF LIST at

        traintowardsthefuture@...

        Thanks,
        Todd Edelman,