Re: President passes on virus of confusion about fuel, etc.

  • Fred M. Cain
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2005
      I have a question - and I'll be the first one to admit that I have
      not reviewed the whole speech, but, my question is, what if anything
      was mentioned about rail transit and intercity rail passenger
      services in the fight for a more energy-efficient economy?

      During the campaign of 2004, John Kerry issued a long outline on how
      he would "fix" our energy problems. But again there, I could find
      nothing about the use of rail. So, it seems on this particular
      issue, there doesn't appear to have been too much difference in the
      two candidates.

      Bill Clinton mentioned it during his first run at the White House in
      1996. In fact, he made it a major campaign issue at one point. So,
      once in office, what did he do? Just about the same thing that the
      last 8, 9 or 10 administrations have done. Nothing.

      Regards,
      Fred M. Cain

      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Todd Edelman

      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com