The best and worst thing I have ever sent to this list

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2005
      Following is possibly the most significant
      automtovive-related story ever. I am serious.

      - Todd

      Police caution against lying in the road

      http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050418/80/fglpr.html

      VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - Police in a
      Vancouver suburb issued an unusual warning to drivers
      on Monday: If you run out fuel, do not lay down on the
      road to get assistance.

      Police were alerted to a man's body laying along the
      Trans Canada Highway in the predawn darkness only to
      discover he was "quite alive", but that his car had
      run out of gas and he "wanted to attract someone's
      attention".

      "Guess it worked, but police don't really recommend
      this method," the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in
      Burnaby, British Columbia, said in a press release.

      The man's car was towed, but no charges were filed.

      -30-