Re: So, What is this Group About?

  • Fred M. Cain
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2005
      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Jym Dyer <jym@e...> wrote:
      > =v= What this group is about is described here:

      > With a link to Carfree.com in particular.
      >
      > > I belong to the Transport_Policy Groups which is supported
      > > by some well-known, anti-rail transit folks.
      >
      > =v= Uh-huh. Well, nobody screeches words like "railigionist"
      > here, and you'll probably see some skepticism here about the
      > Cox/O'Toole style of carefully-tailored "research" paid for by
      > the highway industry and which just happens to always conclude
      > that tons of money should be dumped into road-building.
      > <_Jym_>

      Don't you know that all highways "pay for themselves" through "user
      fees"? And they have purported "facts" to prove it. But you can't
      argue with these people. They are wearing me down.

      If you finally, finally, finally are successful in painting them
      into a corner, they just don't respond. But the scary part is,
      these people are well-organized. They need a well-organized
      opposition to get the truth out.

      Regards,
      Fred M. Cain