Short, first person story needed: I used to drive but now I ride a bike

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2005
      Hi,

      I am helping a Czech journalist add a sidebar to an
      article about city cycling for the national magazine
      "Mlady Svet" (The World of Youth, or Youth World).

      So, if someone wants to write, has or has the url etc
      of an ideally pre-prepared short "first person"
      article: I used to drive a car to work BUT now I ride
      a bike" or similar it would be great.

      Ideally, it is a businessman or woman, someone high
      level (this is best role model for here) who could
      also talk about how cycling infrastructure has helped
      with their new activity, but mostly about the
      independent feeling, health, etc.

      For members of WCN it would be great to include name
      of your organisation.

      - Should be short, about 200 to 300 words
      - Written in "first person"
      - English or German
      - Must be accompanied by 300 dpi photo
      - Deadline is this Friday

      Ideally, this is not extra work, just something you
      have done already or know of. Please as first step
      just send a short message to me OFF the list without
      the photo or piece you have in mind.

      Thanks,
      Todd Edelman,
      Steering the Journalists in the Right Direction
      Committee,
      World Carfree Network