So, What is this Group About?

  • Fred M. Cain
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2005
      I just joined this group. I have been "car free" in my personal life
      since 1985! I am a supporter of more efficient and expanded rail
      transit services in our cities and I support a nation-wide intercity
      rail passenger system. Am I on the right group here or the wrong one?

      I belong to the Transport_Policy Groups which is supported by some
      well-known, anti-rail transit folks. It has given me a different
      perspective, that's for sure. Is anyone familiar with that group?

      Best Regards,
      Fred M. Cain.
      Topeka, Indiana
    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2005
        =v= What this group is about is described here:

        With a link to Carfree.com in particular.

        > I belong to the Transport_Policy Groups which is supported
        > by some well-known, anti-rail transit folks.

        =v= Uh-huh. Well, nobody screeches words like "railigionist"
        here, and you'll probably see some skepticism here about the
        Cox/O'Toole style of carefully-tailored "research" paid for by
        the highway industry and which just happens to always conclude
        that tons of money should be dumped into road-building.
        <_Jym_>
      • Fred M. Cain
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2005
          --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Jym Dyer <jym@e...> wrote:
          > =v= What this group is about is described here:

          > With a link to Carfree.com in particular.
          >
          > > I belong to the Transport_Policy Groups which is supported
          > > by some well-known, anti-rail transit folks.
          >
          > =v= Uh-huh. Well, nobody screeches words like "railigionist"
          > here, and you'll probably see some skepticism here about the
          > Cox/O'Toole style of carefully-tailored "research" paid for by
          > the highway industry and which just happens to always conclude
          > that tons of money should be dumped into road-building.
          > <_Jym_>

          Don't you know that all highways "pay for themselves" through "user
          fees"? And they have purported "facts" to prove it. But you can't
          argue with these people. They are wearing me down.

          If you finally, finally, finally are successful in painting them
          into a corner, they just don't respond. But the scary part is,
          these people are well-organized. They need a well-organized
          opposition to get the truth out.

          Regards,
          Fred M. Cain