Comparison: Most fuel-efficient cars vs trains

  • Todd Edelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 4:48 PM
      Hi everyone,

      I have noticed that this list has been growing in
      size lately so I am going to post this "reality
      check" on automobile fuel efficiency for any newbies.

      It could be particularly useful for those supporting
      high speed trains in North America (but notice that it
      does not mention how much safer rail-transport is in
      terms of "accidents")plus all the other advantages
      such as space efficiency, social interaction, being
      able to work on the move (or even make love on the
      move!), etc.

      In the following the ICE mentioned is not "Internal
      combustion engine" :-) BUT Inter City Express, the
      high speed train used by Deutsche Bahn, and the ICE 3
      is the latest version:

      http://www.db.de/site/bahn/en/db__group/environment/climate/2__liter__car/2__liter__car.html

      Todd Edelman,
      Steering Committee,