The End of Suburbia

  • Christopher Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 5:23 PM
      A quick note of interest to people living in the Washington DC area-

      There will be a screening of the 2004 documentary "The End of Suburbia:
      Oil Depletion and the Collapse of the American Dream" this Sunday March
      6, 4-6 pm, at the Mount Rainier City Hall (34th Street and Rhode Island
      Avenue/Route 1 -- southeast side of the traffic circle). The film
      includes appearances by James Howard Kunstler and a number of experts
      on oil production among others. The screening will be followed by a
      discussion period.

      Mount Rainier is just over the northeast border of Washington DC, in
      Maryland.

      The screening is sponsored by Neighbors United for Justice and Peace.

      If you need more information, feel free to contact me.

      Chris Miller
      Washington DC/Mount Rainier, Maryland
      USA
    • Greg Steele
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28 11:01 AM
        This is available at www.netflix.com - not to be an advertisement for
        netflix, but this will probably not show up at your local
        blockbuster.

        Nothing new to readers on this board, but a great way to introduce
        concepts of sustainable transportation and peak oil to friends,
        family, co-workers, associates, local politicians, zoning boards,
        mayors, congressmen, etc. It is easier to get them to watch a movie
        then read a book.

        --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Miller