Re: [carfree_cities] Re: McLanes vs. Train Lanes

    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 1, 2005
      Re: Interstate Rail

      Simon says:

      >This exchange which I suspect is very significant also seems very esoteric.
      >Could someone share the larger picture - explaining why these details are
      >important. For me a train tends to be train, whereas given that carfree
      >cities are highly dependent on rail for intra and intercity transit I guess
      >I should be much more rail literate than I feel lurking on this conversation
      >which is filling up with acronyms by the hour (:))

      I think this discussion really belongs somewhere else, and
      on somebody's time besides mine.

      I think the idea has enough merit to be worth a million-dollar
      preliminary feasibility study by Gibbs & Hill--anybody wnat to
      do the fundraising? Or know somebody at G&H who cuold be
      convinced that it's in their own best interests to look into
      this pro-bono?

      Otherwise, I'd like to drop this discussion.

      Regards,

      -- ### --