talking trains...

  • Christopher Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2005
      Here's a story that seems relevant to the debate we've been seeing over
      the past couple of days:

      http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/story.html?
      id=a3dd789b-6491-4ffb-b250-e0032d266558

      Derailment forces Via Rail to switch to buses
      Canadian Press
      Thursday, February 24, 2005

      Via Rail says all of its passenger train service between Montreal and
      Quebec City will be replaced by motorcoaches Thursday - in both
      directions.
      The change comes after a freight train derailment closed the Canadian
      National main line Wednesday night.
      Via says the alternative service will operate at scheduled departure
      times and will make all regular stops.
      Via says it will revert to its normal service as soon as the rail line
      is reopened.
      The company does not expect overnight train service between Montreal,
      Gaspe and Halifax to be affected Thursday night.
      © Canadian Press 2005

      Christopher Miller
      Washington DC/Mount Rainier, Maryland
      USA