Re: [carfree_cities] ABC News and TIME Magazine to Report Special Series on Traffic on American Roa

  • Ryan Lanyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2005
      > Good luck with your new job.

      Thanks!

      > I looked up your new work place in Google and found some of the SCA
      sites from areas around Toronto proper, trying to see what the program
      is.

      We represent a collection of 'Smart Commutes' or transportation
      management associations, largely located in Toronto's suburbs who try to
      get people to switch from driving alone through their employers.

      > Remind me next week of this if you dont know about it: The "smart
      mobility " people in Perth, Australia. Cant remember the name of their
      program now but if you dont know them either then.. next week.

      I think that's the 'TravelSmart' program?

      > but later they do things like having bus drivers do personal visits
      (!) to people who have never taken public transit before to say "Hey, I
      am going to take care of you!!"

      Yes! Individualized marketing... I hear it's been very successful. We
      don't have funding to do that type of work right now, but I certainly
      hope to expand our services into that area.

      > One thing: I am not sure how far along your programme is BUT there is
      nothing about it easily visible on the main Toronto website, nor on the
      next level down, the pages "Public transport" and especially "Getting
      Around"!!

      We're very new... I've been here three weeks, and my executive director
      has only been here two. But we'll definitely get those links running!

      Thanks.

      -RL
    • Ryan Lanyon
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2005
        Sorry, didn't realize that was to the whole group. Can I plead software
        ignorance since I had to switch from Outlook to Groupwise? :)

        -RL

        >>> rlanyon@... 02/12/2005 3:04:39 pm >>>

        > Good luck with your new job.

        Thanks!

        > I looked up your new work place in Google and found some of the SCA
        sites from areas around Toronto proper, trying to see what the program
        is.

        We represent a collection of 'Smart Commutes' or transportation
        management associations, largely located in Toronto's suburbs who try
        get people to switch from driving alone through their employers.

        > Remind me next week of this if you dont know about it: The "smart
        mobility " people in Perth, Australia. Cant remember the name of their
        program now but if you dont know them either then.. next week.

        I think that's the 'TravelSmart' program?

        > but later they do things like having bus drivers do personal visits
        (!) to people who have never taken public transit before to say "Hey,
        am going to take care of you!!"

        Yes! Individualized marketing... I hear it's been very successful.
        We
        don't have funding to do that type of work right now, but I certainly
        hope to expand our services into that area.

        > One thing: I am not sure how far along your programme is BUT there
        is
        nothing about it easily visible on the main Toronto website, nor on
        the
        next level down, the pages "Public transport" and especially "Getting
        Around"!!

        We're very new... I've been here three weeks, and my executive
        director
        has only been here two. But we'll definitely get those links running!

        Thanks.

        -RL

        Yahoo! Groups Links