Cars as clothing

  • CEB
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
      Jason, Hey!

      It is definately true that this "car as clothing" thing is a helluva tough nut... BUT BUT BUT this guy, like so many others, only talks about tailpipe emissions. He doesnt even mention the other negatives of automobilisation, not even as "I know about that other stuff but I am just going to focus on this..". The fact that so many think that a so-called Green car is... actually Green... is, in aggregate, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

      While "carm-reduction" (based on harm reduction) is a nice measure, we have to be clear with ourselves and with the public what a "Green" car actually means, and what it doesnt. I suggest a cartoon strip or TV commercial called "It is still a car" which shows a "Green" car doing all those other bad things... noise, hitting animals, facilitating suburbs...

      T - Dept. of things we need bike-riding celebrities to fund, WCN

    • Simon Baddeley
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
        In other words, a great white shark is still quite a hazard even though it's
        painted green.

        ------ End of Forwarded Message