November Issue of New Colonist

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
      The November issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
      http://www.newcolonist.com!

      This month's features:

      * One Tough Transition
      After getting good and comfortable living carfree in NYC, Rob
      Donner moves to Hartford, a suburb with big buildings in the middle....
      * Tobacco Road
      You can go home again, and Richard Risemberg discusses a couple
      who did....
      * The Bridge and Tunnel Conundrum
      Eric Miller wonders why it has to be so hard to get around
      Pittsburgh....
      * Book Review
      Eric Miller reviews The City Parent Handbook
      * Concierge
      Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide
      weather forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, events listings,
      classifieds, and a currency exchange calculator, with more on the way!
      * Vox Civitatis
      Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
      assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
      state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

      And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other resources
      in our more than 500-article Archive!
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "I like liberals. They gave us the five-day workweek; ended child labor;
      invented unemployment insurance, Social Security and Medicare; and led
      us, despite fierce opposition from 'America First' pseudo-patriots on
      the political right, to victory over fascism in World War II. Liberals
      also ended racial segregation and gave women the vote."

      Robert Scheer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
        The November issue of The New Colonist is online and available now at
        http://www.newcolonist.com!
        This month's features:

        *An Artist's Life in New York City
        If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere...but if you
        can't....

        *Green Heart
        Lions prowl the center of Los Angeles....

        *Fighting the Freezer
        The winter of our discontent....

        *Concierge
        Our Concierge page offers helpful services such as worldwide weather
        forecasts, hotel and airfare searches, and a currency exchange
        calculator, with more on the way!

        *Vox Civitatis
        Our weblog, with (nearly) daily entries by your editors and an
        assortment of invited commentators offering views and musings on the
        state of cities and sustainability today and in the future.

        And of course a wealth of reviews, essays, stories, and other
        resources in our comprehensive Archive!