Re: Do Your Homework

  • prometeus57
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2004
      --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Tom.W.Volckhausen@s... wrote:
      > Rather than posting misinformation like that below, I would suggest
      > spending a few minutes with google. You can find reliable
      peer-reviewed
      > studies of Energy Returned On Energy invested (for example at
      > http://www.awea.org/faq/bal.html ,etc. ) which show that the
      current
      EROEI
      > of wind turbines ranges up from 50.

      Thank you so much for the attitude, asshole.

      For your information, plenty of numbers can be found using google.
      And the ones I found were much less flattering to alternatives than
      your hysterically high numbers. Oh, and your link doesn't work.

      > The National Renewable Energy Lab has published studies and an atlas
      > showing that there is much more wind power available in the US than
      > current national electricity requirements.

      Well, that's funny since nobody else thinks so. Oh oh wait, you mean
      electricity in the narrow sense of electric current, right? As
      opposed to the broader sense of non-automobile power. Because of
      course what we really care about is lighting and air conditioning,
      not our entire manufacturing basis at all.

      > Denmark is already getting more than 17%
      > of electrical power from wind. The most sensible place to put PV is
      on the
      > roofs of existing buildings, which displaces nothing. The roof area

      Here's some more news for you. Roof areas are much, much better
      utilized as living space, biological waste water treatment systems,
      or even water heaters. PV is absolutely the WORST use of a roof you
      could come up with.

      > Estimes for PV energy profit range from 5 to 25 (see

      Estimates for PV energy profit range from -5 to 5. At 25, you're
      either smoking something or you're a self-deluded PV advocate.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2004
        prometheus57 is no longer a member of this group.

        >--- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, Tom.W.Volckhausen@s... wrote:
        >> Rather than posting misinformation like that below, I would suggest
        >> spending a few minutes with google. You can find reliable
        >peer-reviewed
        >> studies of Energy Returned On Energy invested (for example at
        >> http://www.awea.org/faq/bal.html ,etc. ) which show that the
        >current
        >EROEI
        >> of wind turbines ranges up from 50.
        >
        >Thank you so much for the attitude, asshole.
        >
        >For your information, plenty of numbers can be found using google.
        >And the ones I found were much less flattering to alternatives than
        >your hysterically high numbers. Oh, and your link doesn't work.
        >
        >> The National Renewable Energy Lab has published studies and an atlas
        >> showing that there is much more wind power available in the US than
        >> current national electricity requirements.
        >
        >Well, that's funny since nobody else thinks so. Oh oh wait, you mean
        >electricity in the narrow sense of electric current, right? As
        >opposed to the broader sense of non-automobile power. Because of
        >course what we really care about is lighting and air conditioning,
        >not our entire manufacturing basis at all.
        >
        >> Denmark is already getting more than 17%
        >> of electrical power from wind. The most sensible place to put PV is
        >on the
        >> roofs of existing buildings, which displaces nothing. The roof area
        >
        >Here's some more news for you. Roof areas are much, much better
        >utilized as living space, biological waste water treatment systems,
        >or even water heaters. PV is absolutely the WORST use of a roof you
        >could come up with.
        >
        >> Estimes for PV energy profit range from 5 to 25 (see
        >
        >Estimates for PV energy profit range from -5 to 5. At 25, you're
        >either smoking something or you're a self-deluded PV advocate.

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        -- ### --