Oil, war, debates, & lies

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2004
      A quote:

      > The eighth chapter of the Cheney Report, titled "Strengthening Global Alliances", says it's imperative for the US to get rid of strategic, political and economic obstacles in its quest to ensure the extra 7.5 million barrels of oil a day it will need by 2020. This is the equivalent of the current total consumption of India and China put together. As most of the countries that are part of these "obstacles" are politically and socially unstable, this means that secure supplies to the US imply the presence of US troops. Thus the Bush wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the bases in Central Asia, the pressure on Iran.

      And a link:

      http://atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FJ07Aa01.html
      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "What we need is balance. Streets are not just arteries for the movement
      of cars; they are part of a network of spaces in the public domain that
      serve as access to the properties in the private domain and that also
      serve social, economic and political functions."

      Wade Eide, Architect