Re: [carfree_cities] Green Festivals speaking opportunities

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2004
      > http://www.greenfestivals.com/

      =v= I have to say that, overall, this is easily the greenest
      "green" festival I've ever seen. Which makes it all the more
      unfortunate that the top graphic features an "eco-" car and
      the information about travelling to the venue emphasizes cars.

      =v= It's nice that they're arranging carpooling, but that's
      about where it ends. On the "Getting There" page there is
      detailed info, copied from Yahoo!, on getting to the venue by
      car, but mass transit is "encouraged" with nothing more than
      links to websites, and they completely left out the nearest
      transit connection (CalTrain):

      http://www.greenfestivals.com/article.php?id=130

      There is bike valet parking, which volunteers provide free for
      many San Francisco events, but they forgot to mention it on
      the "Getting There" page. There are a number of bike rental
      businesses for guests staying downtown, but attendees are not
      informed about them.

      =v= I should think that a San Francisco-based organization, in
      San Francisco, 12 years after that city started Critical Mass
      and inspired carfree movements worldwide, ought to do better
      than that.
      <_Jym_>
      --
      Ads below? Just ignore 'em.
    • Carfree City, USA
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2004
        CarFree City, USA had a person (Colin Leath) and a booth at the San Luis
        Obispo green festival during the summer with mixed results.

        David Ceaser
        www.carfreecity.us