Carfree Times #36

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
      Hi All,

      Carfree Times #36 is now available at:

      http://www.carfree.com/cft/i036.html

      This is an unusually big issue, with a long analysis
      of the Munster project, a summary of Towards Carfree
      Cities IV (held in July), and many stories on the
      oil situation and climate change. There are also more
      News Bits than usual.

      If you happen to spot any bloopers, please advise
      me OFF LIST. I'll wait until tomorrow to send out
      the e-mail notices.

      Regards,

      -- ### --

    • emccaughrin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2004
        --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "J.H. Crawford"
        <mailbox@c...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Carfree Times #36 is now available at:
        >
        > http://www.carfree.com/cft/i036.html

        Really enjoyed the issue. However, about the editorial:

        "John Kerry is a lousy candidate for President. He's the best
        we're going to get. He does at least understand and respect the
        role of the US Constitution and the rule of law."

        Irregardless of what one thinks about the Nader candidacy,
        I don't see how anyone could come to this conclusion after
        all the dirty tricks we've been seeing to keep Nader off
        the ballot -- not to mention other Kerry "lapses" like Plan
        Columbia, the Patriot Act, etc, etc.

        By the way, this banner at a recent Kerry appearance in San Diego
        pretty much sums up his energy policy:

        http://mattfedder.com:5580/photos/photos.cgi?
        mode=browse&panel=6&speed=7&library=KerryRally&preload=0