Re: Fat City

  • Karen Sandness
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2004
      For those of you who get the TV station Trio on your cable systems,
      their special theme this month is Texas, and last night I saw a
      documentary called "Fat City," about Houston's place as the city with
      the highest level of obesity in the country. Of course, the film shows
      some prodigious eaters, otherwise empty people whose only hobby seems
      to be eating enormous quantities of food. However, there are also some
      incredible examples of car potatoes, such as the man who won't walk out
      to his mailbox but always waits until he has an errand that requires
      driving.

      The next showing is Wednesday night, 9PM CDT.

      In transit,
      Karen Sandness