Baku-Ceyhan Pipeline - a new great game?

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 12:46 PM
      I find it quite useful to get myself briefed on this gradually approaching
      oil umbilical and the hazards attending a Baku-Ceyhan oil pipeline. The
      Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline will carry up to one million barrels of
      oil a day for 1,760 km from an expanded terminal at Sangachal on the Caspian
      Sea in Azerbaijan, through Georgia to the Turkish port of Ceyhan, Turkey,
      but see:

      http://www.isn.ethz.ch/infoservice/secwatch/index.cfm?service=cwn&parent=det
      ail&menu=2&sNewsID=9316

      and

      http://www.bakutoday.net/view.php?d=9914

      British oil giant BP has has just re-started work on the BTC pipeline after
      being delayed for breaching Georgian environmental law:

      http://www.bicusa.org/bicusa/issues/bakutbilisiceyhan_btc_pipeline_project_a
      zerbaijangeorgiaturkey/1535.php

      I am just trying to get clear about all these relatively unfamiliar names
      and places.

      Regards

      Simon