Re: [carfree_cities] Hybrids & Congestion

  • Steve Geller
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20 10:58 AM
      > > I can think of no rational reason why we should give away capacity to
      > vehicles that will contribute as much to congestion, just because they're
      > clean fuel.

      If public policy caused a cutback in car use, there would be less
      emissions and our oil would last longer.

      If we're not cutting back on cars, then having some of the cars
      more fuel efficient doesn't do much good -- particularly if the
      number of cars continues to increase.

      A Prius is nice, but it doesn't solve the real problem.