Transit Advertising

  • Lanyon, Ryan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      This sounds interesting. I briefly skimmed it, but I imagine the same
      ruling would apply to car manufacturers - transit companies could not
      prevent their competition from advertising on them (if they actually wanted
      to, which often does not seem to be the case).

      From Transportation Communications - 06/03/04
      3) Judge: Subway and Bus Ad Restrictions Unconstitutional
      Link to Associated Press story via Newsday (Melville, New York):
      http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-marijuana-ads,0,7
      931520.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines
      Direct link to opinion from US District Court for the District of Columbia:
      http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/04-262.pdf
      Link to news release from the American Civil Liberties Union:
      http://www.aclu.org/DrugPolicy/DrugPolicy.cfm?ID=15894&c=19

      -RL